Thursday, March 9, 2017

Annotate texts and create learning models

IBM Watson has released a free trial version of their online Watson Knowledge Studio tool. This is one of the tools I'm most excited about because it brings linguistic annotation, rule writing, dictionary creation, and machine learning together in a single user-friendly interface designed for non engineers to use.


This tool allows users to annotate documents with mentions, relations, and coreference, then learn a linguistic model of their environments. With zero computer science background. I've trained subject matter experts in several fields to use the WKS and I'm genuinely impressed. I'll put together a demo and post it sometime this weekend.

No comments:

TV Linguistics - Pronouncify.com and the fictional Princeton Linguistics department

 [reposted from 11/20/10] I spent Thursday night on a plane so I missed 30 Rock and the most linguistics oriented sit-com episode since ...